Food Day Crop Mob
Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Food Day is a grassroots event sponsored by the Center for Science in the Public Interest to bring awareness to, educate and celebrate eating healthy food.
Cultivate KC will join the Food Day festivities by organizing volunteers to lend a hand to at least 15 urban farms and gardens that are providing fresh, healthy food for Kansas city.
The goals for this event are:
1. To give hard-working farmers some extra hands to tackle some big projects
2. To create an opportunity for community members to learn what growing good food in the city is all about by getting their hands dirty
3. To build new relationships between our local urban (and near urban) farmers/gardeners and community organizations/schools/businesses
For those interested in either coordinating a group of volunteers (5 to 20 people) or volunteering as an individual email ami[at]cultivatekc.org with the following information:
1. Name and what group you represent (if applicable)
2. Your phone number
3. How many volunteers you expect with your group
4. What area of town you would prefer
5. The age range of your volunteers
She will get back to you with specific instructions and directions to Crop Mob locations.