Check out these great environment resources:
- Bridging The Gap Bridging The Gap works to make the Kansas City region sustainable by connecting environment, economy and community.
- Burroughs Audubon Society Burroughs Audubon Society of Greater Kansas City is a gateway natural history organization that seeks to connect people with nature through the study and appreciation of wild birds.
- Conservation International Conservation International empowers societies to responsibly and sustainably care for nature, global biodiversity and the well-being of humanity.
- Flint Hills Discovery Center The Flint Hills Discovery Center is a dynamic tribute to the last major stand of unbroken tallgrass prairie. This 35,000 sq. ft. must-see attraction includes interactive exhibits highlighting the science, history and culture of the ecoregion from pre-hist
- Heartland All Species Project The Heartland All Species Project addresses the environmental crisis through neighborhood community programs.
- Heartland Tree Alliance The Heartland Tree Alliance engages people of the Greater Kansas City region to take action and advocate for a healthy community forest.
- Kansas City Wildlands KC WildLands works to restore and manage the remnants of Kansas City’s original landscape.
- KC Green Learn about the city of Kansas City, Missouri’s sustainability efforts.
- Mid-America Regional Council The Mid-America Regional Council promotes regional cooperation and develops innovative solutions for the bistate Kansas City region.
- Missouri Department of Conservation MDC protects and manages Missouri’s fish, forest, and wildlife resources and facilitates citizen participation in resource-management activities.
- Missouri Department of Natural Resources The mission of the Department of Natural Resources is to protect, preserve and enhance Missouri’s natural, cultural and energy resources.
- National Audubon Society The National Audubon Society seeks to conserve and restore natural ecosystems, focusing on birds, other wildlife, and their habitats for the benefit of humanity and the earth’s biological diversity.
- Shadowcliff Shadowcliff is an eco-friendly mountain sanctuary where they are creating a climate for a restorative world.
- Sierra Club-Kansas Chapter The Sierra Club is a grassroots national environmental organization dedicated to preserving, protecting and enjoying the environment.
- Sierra Club-Thomas Hart Benton Group The Sierra Club is a grassroots national environmental organization dedicated to preserving, protecting and enjoying the environment.
- Sustainable Sanctuary Coalition The Sustainable Sanctuary Coalition is an interfaith nonprofit that helps congregations engage in Earth care. It provides educational programs, resources, and consulting in the areas of starting a Green Team, sustainable facilities, and ecology and faith.
- The Land Institute The Land Institute works to develop an agricultural system with the ecological stability of the prairie and a grain yield comparable to that from annual crops.