Full-Time EWKC Neighborhood Energy Efficiency Initiative Project Coordinator
The primary purpose and function of this position is to coordinate activities of the EWKC Neighborhood Energy Efficiency Initiative, in designated neighborhoods of Kansas City, Missouri and possibly other KCMO neighborhoods. This person is responsible for coordinating program components and events to comply with the terms of a contract between Bridging The Gap and the city of Kansas City, Missouri. The most important output of this position is the creation of neighborhood support groups and the completion of six or more “Housewarming” workdays in which neighbors help neighbors insulate 5 or more homes per workday, including attic and rim joist insulation, sealing large air leaks, and insulating ductwork.
Other objectives include developing educational materials, conducting outreach and marketing to explain the benefits of home energy efficiency, especially insulation; creating partnerships with neighborhood community organizations and creating citizen support groups for the purpose of helping each other insulate their homes; working in partnership with EnergyWorks KC, Bridging The Gap and Metropolitan Energy Center staff in furthering home energy efficiency objectives, and managing project subcontracts with Spanish translators and home associations leaders. This position is for the project duration commencing upon hire and ending April 30, 2013. Resumes will be considered through February 29, 2012.
- Coordinate Project Components and Events: 95%
Responsible for coordination with project partners and EnergyWorks KC and Metropolitan Energy Center staff, communication with neighborhoods, scheduling with professional contractors, setting up and supervising neighborhood do-it-yourself insulation events, project reporting, and ensuring compliance with the City of Kansas City Energy Works KC project requirements.
2. Participate in “all staff” events and activities, including staff meetings and special events such as EarthWalk and Environmental Excellence Awards: 5%
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Background Requirements
- College degree preferred with minimum 3 years related experience
- Project or program management experience
- Experience with home energy efficiency preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Project, and GIS software preferred
- Background in community engagement and public speaking
- Residents of City of Kansas City, Missouri preferred
- Subcontractors such as Westside Spanish translators and homes associations
Critical Job Elements
- Above average communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Excellent organizational skills, detailed follow-through, strong work ethic and initiative.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with a wide range of people, including community neighborhood leadership and City of Kansas City employees and residents in targeted neighborhoods.
- Organizing, coordinating and attending evening and weekend meetings and events.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to use personal car (expenses reimbursed).
How to Apply
Candidates interested in this position should submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or via regular mail to Bridging The Gap, Attn: Kristin Riott, 435 Westport Road, #23, Kansas City, MO 64111. Resumes will be reviewed until February 29, 2012.
Bridging The Gap is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
1,098 total views, 1 today