Full-Time Sustainability Educator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Reports to the Sustainability Manager, and supports sustainability education and outreach for residents, businesses and city employees. Assists in facilitating and promoting City-wide sustainability initiatives.
Job functions include:
- Coordinate projects, resources and activities to support sustainability grant requirements.
- Conduct outreach programs and assist with creating marketing campaigns and materials to educate residents, businesses, and employees about the City’s sustainability programs and policies.
- Build and promote a brand and strategic communications plan for sustainability initiatives.
- Promote sustainability initiatives at events and community meetings.
- Assist with Service Learning internship program. Identify events to promote sustainability initiatives and schedule interns for events.
- Perform data entry, data analysis, and data report creation in order to track, measure, evaluate and communicate energy use.
- Organize and continually update log of outreach and education materials.
- Update sustainability information and events on the City’s website; respond to resident and business inquiries to sustainability programs, and administer sustainability email list servs.
Ancillary job functions include:
- Coordinate continuing education program for architects and engineers; supervise volunteers for related events.
- Conduct research on energy resource management and conservation.
- Assist City departments in developing and updating sustainability and recycling plans as well as implementing systems to minimize waste and maximize recycling in all City operations, facilities, and other City-maintained spaces.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of energy and environmental issues; ability to track and report related information.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and basic office equipment/machines.
- Experience with the EPA’s Portfolio Manager tracking software and familiarity with GHGEmissions tracking software (CAPPA, CACPS, EnergyCAP, EPA’s Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program, etc.).
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively with individuals of varied backgrounds.
- Ability to organize work and gain support of employees, external customers, and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of successful social marketing techniques preferred.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish and English, both orally and in writing, preferred.
- Ability to travel to all locations throughout the City.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, civic and community groups, educational facilities, and the general public.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under general supervision and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
- Ability to work extended hours in the evening and on weekends attending community events and meetings to present information on environmental programs.
How to Apply
Apply online at https://www.gocomojobs.com/postings/12459
1,362 total views, 2 today