At this one-day event, you can recycle old computers, beds and reusable shoes, garden tools, furniture, clothes, bikes, dog kennels, building materials, wheelchairs, toys and more.
The Overland Park Recycling Extravaganza is open to everyone, including non-residents, and will accept many items that are more difficult to recycle. It will be held from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. on Saturday, September 25 at Black & Veatch headquarters, 11401 Lamar Avenue, Overland Park, KS.
The following items can be recycled:
- Building materials, hardware, fixtures and appliances that are reusable
- Durable medical equipment: wheelchairs, walkers, shower and bath chairs, crutches and hospital beds
- Electronics: computer terminals, laptops, radios, stereos, printers, keyboards, CD players, printers, cell phones, electronic parts, TVs and computer monitors. CRT monitors, consoles and projection TVs will be recycled for a $20-$50 fee.
- Furniture in good condition
- Garden tools: shovels, spades, garden forks, cultivators, rakes, garden hand tools, wheel barrows, watering wands and water heads
- Eyeglasses: prescription eyeglasses, readers and sunglasses
- Housewares, small appliances and toys
- Mattresses and box springs: $10 recycling fee
- Musical instruments – small (no pianos, organs, keyboards or drum sets)
- Pet supplies: crates, kennels, dog beds, dog toys
- Shoes: Gently used athletic, work boots, dress shoes, sandals and cowboy boots
For more information, visit Overland Park, KS or contact Jim Twigg at Jim.Twigg@opkansas.org.
Photo: Overland Park Recycling Extravaganza