If you’re looking for a great winter hike, but want to preview the terrain first, check out these 12 videos of urban hiking trails in Kansas City.
Click on the links to see videos of each location. Then bundle up, and explore these 12 Kansas City, MO Parks trails.
- Anita Gorman Park Trail, NE 46th Terrace & N Davidson Ave.
- Bannister Park Trail, 9800 James A. Reed Road
- Blue River Greenway Trail, East Red Bridge Road and Blue River Road
- Blue Valley Park Oxbow Bluffs Trail, 23rd & Topping
- Brush Creek Trail, Roanoke Parkway to Lister Ave.
- Cliff Drive, Kessler Park
- Jerry Smith Park Trail, 139th St. and Prospect Ave.
- Lakewood Greenway Trail, 1-35 to NE Vivion Road parallel to N. Norton Ave.
- Line Creek Trail, 2699 NW 60th St.
- Roanoke Park Trails, Roanoke Road and Karnes Blvd.
- Swope Park Trails, off Oakwood Drive in Swope Park
- Winnwood Park Trail, NE 44th St. & N. Cypress Ave.
Looking for an urban hike in another city? Check out your city’s park or visitor center websites for some winter hiking options.
Photo: Roanoke Park Trail