Need help navigating your transportation options in the Kansas City region? With the new WAY TO GO app and website, you can find greener ways to get around town, and be part of a community interested in a climate-friendly future.
With the new program, you can:
- Plan your trips using transit, biking, and carpooling
- Find carpooling matches, biking buddies, and transit-riding friends
- Log your green trips to track your carbon emissions and dollars saved
Making sustainable transportation easier
WAY TO GO makes sustainable transportation an easy choice by having regional transportation alternatives all in one place.
Transportation is the biggest contributor to greenhouse gas emissions, according to the Environmental Protection Agency. If everyone drove just 10% less, it would have a big impact on reducing emissions.
Sustainable transportation options are also affordable, equitable, build community health, and support economic opportunity.
Creating opportunities for community-building
The program will also help build community around sustainable transportation. This includes networking and social events, engagement opportunities on transportation projects, storytelling, and the Green Commute Challenge.
The annual Green Commute Challenge, October 1-31, 2023, invites community and employer-based teams to log their green trips to compete for weekly drawings and grand prizes.
Get started with WAY TO GO
- Visit waytogokc.org for the region’s one-stop-shop for navigating all transportation options and includes information about carpooling and vanpooling, biking, walking and rolling, and riding transit.
- Download the new WAY TO GO app (available on iOS, Android and web).