Time: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
The West Bottoms is the destination for First Weekend events featuring antique and locally made goods, and now an eco market.
Earthbeat: West Bottoms Eco Market is a new monthly, pop-up vendor marketplace taking place in the West Bottoms on the first Saturday of every month.
The first market was held in April for Earth Day, and it has grown into a monthly event.
The market showcases local Kansas City business owners, makers, and artists making eco-friendly, sustainable choices in their business practices.
The event is hosted by Hera, a group creating intentional gatherings that re-imagine the ways we connect to ourselves, the earth, and each other.
Event highlights include:
- Hera is partnering with Ripple Glass and KC Can Compost to offer free compost and glass recycle drop offs at this weekend’s eco market.
- Alyx Jacobs will be offering her community indigo dye vat. Repurpose an old tea towel or favorite fabric item, and watch the process as Alex dips pieces into indigo dye and dries them in the sun.
- Connect with local sustainable business owners including Eye Love Vintage, Stitched by Nat, Bee KCMO, Glass Heart Art, Journey Deep Photography, Alyx Jacobs Repair, Pantry Goods, Audrey Jean Ceramics, Crystal Compass, Noonday Collection and MO Environment.
- Enjoy iced beverages from Hera.
- DJ Bodman will play afro-world beats.
On Saturday, August 5 the market will be held from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Crane Building Parking Lot, 1105 Hickory St., Kansas City, MO.
To learn more, visit hera-community.com.
Photo credit: Hera