Brush Creek Community Partners and the Green Impact Zone present Meet Me At the Bridge, a celebration of community with the dedication of the new Troost Avenue Bridge over Brush Creek. The 5:00 pm dedication will feature Congressman Emanuel Cleaver, II and other civic leaders. The public is invited to start the evening at the dedication and then stay to enjoy a street fair and performances by some of Kansas City’s best jazz talent until 11:00 pm. The show will feature Book of Gaia with Nedra Dixon, Angela Hagenbach and Pamela Baskin-Watson, and Bobby Watson with David Basse. Mayor Sly James will be the emcee. The event is free and open to the public.
At the event, participate in a variety of activities at the WaterWorks! tent, sponsored by Bridging the Gap:
• Free in home water eco-kits, including a showerhead, faucet aerators and a toilet tank bank.
• Test your water knowledge by participating in a water game show created by Kansas City’s leading urban youth sustainability and environmental education non-profit, Green Works.
• Learn about how rain barrels can save water.
• View a 3D tabletop rain garden demonstration.
• Learn about services WaterWorks can provide, including free downspout disconnections or re-directs and $100 rebates for the installation of high-efficiency toilets.
Leave A Comment