To celebrate the Super Bowl win, Chiefs fans will flock downtown for the Chiefs Kingdom Champions Parade. Here’s how you can get there car-free (or almost) and avoid driving, waiting, parking, more waiting and burning countless gallons of gas and CO2.
- Plot your route and start early for the 12 p.m. parade start time. Cell phone reception may be extremely limited during the event so plan your travel before you leave for the event. Check Chiefs Champions Parade for a parade map and updates.
- If you live or work within two miles of the parade route or rally at Union Station, the fastest way to get there could be walking.
- For longer distances, find public transportation routes at RideKC. All RideKC buses will be free all day on February 15, but regular routes will be impacted by the parade. Be prepared to walk from drop-off locations.
- Carpool to a nearby RideKC Park & Ride location. Buses will be available at these five locations for rides to the parade from 7:30 a.m. -11:30 a.m. and for return rides at the end of the parade:
- HyVee Arena (Kansas City, MO): Buses will drop off and pick up in downtown at 18th & Troost.
- Worlds of Fun (Kansas City, MO): Buses will drop off and pick up in downtown at Truman & Lydia.
- Oak Park Mall (Overland Park, KS): Buses will drop off and pick up in downtown at Southwest Blvd., close to Summit.
- 47th & State Transit Center (Kansas City, KS): Buses will drop off and pick up at 31st & Gillham. Park and Ride is in lot south of transit center.
- Swope Park/Zoo Parking Lot (Kansas City, MO): Buses will drop off and pick up in downtown at 31st & Gillham.Hop on a RideKC bike or scooter to get to the parade route. Find bike stations at RideKC Bikes.
- Hop on a RideKC bike or scooter to get to the parade route. Find bike stations at RideKC Bikes. Park outside of the parade zone and use the RideKC Bike app to locate available bikes such as at the Country Club Plaza, midtown, North Kansas City, or Kansas City, KS. Scooters and bikes will not be permitted to ride in the road closure areas.
- Before heading out to use public transportation, check with RideKC and RideKC Bike for any significant service changes.
Photo: RideKC Bike